These are the additional link libraries (for GCC of course)
needed to compile local X11 clients for the PD X11 server
"DaggeX" by Kari J. Mettinen <mettinenkruuna.helsinki.fi> and
Leonard K Norrgård <vinscinic.funet.fi>.
The last public release of DaggeX (V0.2) contained the basic
lib (libX11), the X toolkit (libXt) and a net support lib
(libnet). This archive contains:
- libXaw is the Athena Widget set
- libXmu are miscellaneous utility functions
- libXext are for server extensions like SHAPE
plus a beta release of Markus Wild's new ixemul.library with the
proper libc.a. Please read libs/README.PRELIMINARY! Ask Markus
if you need the complete archive.
Installation is simple: Just copy libs to libs: and lib to
gcc:lib. You should also get the Xincludes archive and unpack
the includes into the gcc: directory.
The libraries were compiled for 68020. To recompile them is
pretty simple, just get the sources, do mkmf and make, that's
it. (Of course you will need GCC, imake and the Xincludes...)
A note on compiling X clients using these libs: You should
maintain the order given by my imake rules, i.e.
gcc ... -lXaw -lXmu -lXext -lXt -lX11 -lnet -lc -lamiga
This will avoid linker problems. The normal case should of course
be to unpack any X client, execute mkmf and then just invoke
make. Have fun!
(EMail at work: balzerheike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de,
at home: bilbobagsend.aworld.de)
* Copyright 1989 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
* Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
* documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
* the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
* documentation, and that the name of M.I.T. not be used in advertising or
* publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,
* written prior permission. M.I.T. makes no representations about the
* suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is"
* without express or implied warranty.
* M.I.T. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL M.I.T.
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
* WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
* OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN
* CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.